[Market-farming] Ron Paul's Raw Milk Bill

lucy Owsley goodows at infinet.com
Thu Nov 8 04:57:36 EST 2007

I am not a big Paul supporter but i find him more and more
interesting daily. I don't care if you are a Paul supporter or not
this bill is a good reason to contact your reps and senators in DC
and ask them to support this.

Text of the bill:

http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.4077:

His introductory speech

SPEECH OF
HON. RON PAUL
OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2007

Mr. PAUL. Madam Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation that allows
the transportation and sale in interstate commerce of unpasteurized
milk and milk products, as long as the milk both originates from and
is shipped to States that allow the sale of unpasteurized milk and
milk products. This legislation removes an unconstitutional restraint
on farmers who wish to sell unpasteurized milk and milk products, and
people who wish to consume unpasteurized milk and milk products.

My office has heard from numerous people who would like to purchase
unpasteurized milk. Many of these people have done their own research
and come to the conclusion that unpasteurized milk is healthier than
pasteurized milk. These Americans have the right to consume these
products without having the Federal Government second-guess their
judgment about what products best promote health. If there are
legitimate concerns about the safety of unpasteurized milk, those
concerns should be addressed at the State and local level.

I urge my colleagues to join me in promoting consumers' rights, the
original intent of the Constitution, and federalism by cosponsoring
my legislation to allow the interstate sale of unpasteurized milk and
milk products.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH