[Market-farming] Round-up resistant pigweed in Arkansas

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Wed Jun 27 08:41:14 EDT 2007

I pulled quite a bit of this from a small 5' x 100' bed that wasn't properly
mulched.  I can't imagine a conventional farmer with several hundred acres
dealing with pigweed as it becomes a superweed.
David
Suspected glyphosate-resistant pigweed on upswing
Jun 26, 2007 10:27 AM, By David Bennett
Farm Press Editorial Staff

The Hefty brothers ( Ag PHD at RFD TV) were saying recently that the problem
is made worse when weeds that are slightly resistant to a glysophate recieve
a light dose a few may excape. What results is a selection process that you
dont intend when you use less than the max reccomended. More and more I hear
them talking tank mixes on RR and LL crops.

MAsteveINE