[Market-farming] Farmers Market question

Barbara Miller barbmill2 at verizon.net
Wed Jun 27 05:52:06 EDT 2007

I think in our case, having the city/county allow us to use city/county
property would be a good start. As you know, there are few open spaces
left in town, and we've not been allowed to use any of the gov-owned ones,
including the Green...great location, but limited parking, and we'd get
kicked off for every 'tourist' event anyway.
I'm not real familiar with the layout of Wellsboro but it seems like the
Green, the Courthouse and the P.O. are the only government-owned properties.
We decided not to try for the Green (if I remember correctly) for various
reasons.  It isn't that we haven't been allowed - it's that we never tried
for anything other than the lot next to the P.O.  If there is a better
location that you want help getting, I would be happy to help.

Barb Miller
Tioga County, PA