[Market-farming] pricing my garlic powder and "buds"?

tonitime at juno.com tonitime at juno.com
Fri Jun 8 11:13:24 EDT 2007

Hi Lucy,
    Somewhere on this machine, i have a few bottle and jar sources.  I
will try to find them later or in the next couple of days.  I am up to my
elbows in work until Sunday.
    I just wanted to try out bottling some and selling last night at our
Thursday night Bluegrass in the park.  I used glass salt and pepper
shakers from the dollar store with a food grade sealer inside the cap.
Just a test marketing at an event where i sell very little.  I took 5
jars with a printshop label done to state standards and used packing tape
over the label.  Sold all of them for 4.00 each, tho  3 of 5 folk
grumbled over the price, they bought them!  I sure told them all what it
took to get that product into their jars......  what a labor intensive
thing to make, but it is so wonderful compared to storebought.  Last year
i set out 20 patches of different garlics, this year there are fewer -
ran out of time and energy to keep so many going and seperate.  I have
gone down about 10 varieties from 3 years ago - not enough of me to go
around ;-)  I need an ag-poolboy to help out here!
Best regards, and good growing to all!
Toni in KY