[Market-farming] Ohio Cottage Industry Regs

Debbie Moore caverdjmoore at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:24:11 EDT 2007

>No I don't and I should. I also grow and dry various culinary herbs and
cayenne peppers but have yet to make blends with those. And since I'm in
Ohio such things go under "cottage industry" regs.

Lucy - Our local health dept. quoted the following regs and was adamant that
I cannot dry my herbs and blend them under cottage industry laws here in
Ohio. I have not pursued it further to see if an inspected kitchen is OK, or
if I need a commercial kitchen. PLEASE let me know if you find out
otherwise!

http://www.ohioagriculture.gov/pubs/divs/food/curr/cottage/food-cottageindex.stm

Thanks,
Deb