[Market-farming] pricing my garlic powder and "buds"?

BillOhio billohio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 11:03:32 EDT 2007

Regarding a commercial kitchen for value-added products, is there an
economical way to set something like this up? I see a figure of $10,000
bandied about, which at our nanoprocessing level would take a LONG time to
pay out; on the other hand, something simple would really help with cash
flow in off-season sales. We went to a flea market outside of Cincinnati
awhile back, and a chef had set up a BBQ kitchen there with 3 buckets for
his wash basins, and he was certified as a kitchen. We'd sure appreciate any
suggestions.

This was my first year growing garlic, and I had doubleplanted the final
half row or so because it was cold that day, and I didn't want to dig up
more of a bed to put the last in. We've been selling the green garlic for 50
cents a stalk, for use in salads or whatever, with pretty good sales. This
isn't really rural, but almost no one had ever seen a garlic plant before we
took it to market.

Thanks,

Bill