[Market-farming] water storeage

maury sheets maurysheets at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 14:39:51 EDT 2007

Jay,

            Cisterns have been used for centuries to store drinking water.
They are usually in the ground where they can stay cool, dark and enclosed.
Using one for irrigation could easily be done.  They are usually concrete
and hold thousands of gallons of water, but can be even a 55 gallon plastic
barrel.  They must stay cool, dark and enclosed to keep out critters and
insects.  A little beach occasionally keeps the algae down.

Maury  Sheets

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.

  _____