[Market-farming] well storage tank?

TxBeeFarmer TxBeeFarmer at HotPop.com
Sun Jun 3 10:20:02 EDT 2007

Another factor is depth.  If it's 100' or so, a surface mounted jetpump may
do the job for you.  A large, tall tank may be a good idea.  You can be
slowly filled it up, using one or more small pumps, while not irrigating.
Once the tall tank is full, it will produce significant pressure and the
need for additional irrigation pumping power can be reduced or possibly
eliminated, especially on drip.  I have a 6000 gal.. tank that's 30' tall.
You'd be surprised how much pressure it puts out by itself.

I'd like to know what you decide to do and how it works.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b