[Market-farming] Prices: New Potatoes

BillOhio billohio at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:55:58 EDT 2007

We charged $3/# for new red potatoes in central Ohio this morning at a small
market, and nobody blinked. Nobody else had any...as the season progresses
we try to hold the line at $2 per pound by increasing the amount offered.
Season-ending asparagus got $1.50/quarter-pound bunch, but we trim it and
sell only the tips, and eat the "bad" ends ourselves--such a chore.

Bill Huhman