[Market-farming] appropriate writing for posts

Alderspring alderspring at salmoninternet.com
Wed Jul 25 14:18:21 EDT 2007

David wrote:  ...I do question though why some people write posts without
punctuation and with no regards to rules of grammar.  When I receive posts
like this one I end up spending more time trying to understand the points
the writer is trying to convey than the amount of time I want to invest in
reading the post; so I just delete it.
It is a long post and I'm sure Sals put a lot of time and effort into
composing it, but after reading the first 5 or 6 lines it went right into
the trash.  I am the only one who feels this way?
****
I don't post very often, but I read almost everything that goes through the
list.  I thank the people who take time to post, because I have learned a
great deal from them.  I always appreciate people's time, because I know we
are all short of it.

I was surprised at David's comment, and found it a bit...I don't
know..."snooty."  Most farmers have neither the training, inclination, nor
time to spend time carefully composing a post.  I appreciated that Sal took
the time describing his experience, and many of his comments were right on.
I would hate for the group to lose the insights of people like him because
they fear that the writing police might nail them.  Lighten up!  If you
think the post difficult to read, just delete it without comment.  This is a
conversation not an academic convention.

And Sal, I thank you.  You described well the frustrations of the small
farmer with the USDA organic rules.  Please keep contributing!

Caryl
www.alderspring.com