[Market-farming] "organic": actual USDA regulations

Home Grown Kansas! hgkansas at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 16:48:17 EDT 2007

MAsteveINE - Right on!  Keep it simple.

  Elzie
  Wichita, Kansas

Sharon and Steve <shopkins at tdstelme.net> wrote:
  "sals" wrote the truth and did it well, but I would wonder
at the possibilities of trading the hassel and expence of certification for
the opportunity to build on retail direct to the consumer using a beyond
organic moniker. To be certified is to be no better than the mega growers
like Earthbound, Horizon or "Mission Organics, a supplier to Natural
Selection Foods"( the most likely supplier of the problem sipnach) which I
think I can assure you that the organic founders never had in mind.
I think the organic founders had in mind that the consumer should know their
grower, visit his farm, see his work, understand his pholisophy, and buy his
product; to think that having the government list the hoops to be jumped
through to gain the use of a magic word thereby imporving the diet and
health of the nation is utter bullshud.

MAsteveINE