[Market-farming] double cropped potatoes

David Inglis mhcsa at verizon.net
Tue Jul 24 11:48:52 EDT 2007

Thank you Alison,

That is what I was looking for. Thanksgiving 'New' spuds! Yeh.

I think I may try putting them in trays covered in mix, kind of a cool
chitting process. I do that with expensive fingerling  stock then plant
individual shoots that I pull, not cut, off the plant when they have some
roots but not so many that they 'clump'. The plants take off if you set them
in holes like you would leeks because they have roots ready to go and the
tops are above ground. I do them this way to prevent the spread of virus
from the cutting knife on stock that I am trying to keep. The main crop I do
the usual way.

David