[Market-farming] Broccoli leaves -- new crop

Karen Sutherland & Roots Farm rootsfarm at marpin.dm
Sun Jul 22 09:06:33 EDT 2007

As we clean our harvested broccoli heads and side shoots for market, we
remove a lot of younger broccoli leaves.  This year we started selling
them at $3 for a 12 oz bag.  Everyone who has tried them has come back
for more and we are now going to try planting some of the left-over seed
from varieties that didn't produce heads that well here to see if we can
get a salable leaf crop in this too-rainy-for-head-anyway season.

Best wishes to all,

Karen
--

Karen Sutherland