[Market-farming] Bug spray

Russell Bryant bovagard at msn.com
Sat Jul 7 13:58:12 EDT 2007

I use a mix of 1.5 oz of citrinella  one pt vinegar 1/4 cup veg oil one pt of water. this sprays about 25 cows to keep flies off during milking. in really hot weather I will add 1/2 oz basic H . I read about this on an organic list. the guy using citrinella got in trouble for spraying milk house and ruinuing milk. that's where the basic H comes in to spray milk house to keep flies out.
R.B. dairy farmer gardener
Nebraska