[Market-farming] Garlic Seed

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Thu Jul 5 10:36:09 EDT 2007

Regards to the list:

We have decided to allow what garlic we have left to go to seed. We hope we
can build up the numbers with seed we save. My question: how do I save the
seed? Is there some kind of bag we can use to put around the seed head to
contain all the little seeds before they fly away? Would little drawstring
bags made of tulle contain them? Are there bags I could buy to contain the
seeds? Or should I pick the seed head before it splits and let it dry
inside?

Thank you for any information you can give.

Marie in Missouri