[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

SHEILA PAYNE srp75 at msn.com
Sun Jan 28 22:32:20 EST 2007

John,

You said  "Each farmer has to get a farm certificate from their local county extension
agent."

What does the county extension agent do?  Go take a look, have knowledge of the farm operation, interview the farmer?
Was this something the extension agent was already doing or was this a new program implemented at the request to market?  Does the extension office have criteria on what goes into granting a certificate?

Is there a cost to the farmer? Our extension offices in Colorado are going through budget reductions and are having to charge for some services that once were free.

Sheila
Boulder County Farmer's Market