[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

Patrick Mulkey Mulkey at tunl.duke.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:34:44 EST 2007

The Chapel Hill/Carrboro Farmers market is a grower only market. We operate on Town property 2 out of 3 days a week when we are in season. You have to grow or make the products within 50 Miles radius. When I say "make" I am referring to such things as furniture or craft items which have to be approved by the Board. This is done on a item by item bases. We have enjoyed the support of the town which we have a lease with to run the market.

You can look at our website which is:
http://www.carrborofarmersmarket.com/
Also our County government has a person on staff to help promote local agriculture.
http://www.orangecountyfarms.org/

Patrick Mulkey
Chapel Hill, NC