[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

James Manning jim_manning at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 24 12:15:10 EST 2007

Take a look at Neil Hamilton's very useful paper "Farmers' Market Rules,
Regulations and Opportunities" (published by National Ag Law Center
Publications, U. Arkansas School of Law).

Among other things, it has a very clear discussion of the rationale for
producer-only markets and some examples of rules used by such markets (p.
28).

The pdf file is available for download, along with other sample rules, at
http://mrsc.org/Subjects/Econ/ed-farmmarket.aspx and elsewhere.

Jim Manning
Ferris Farm
Trenton Farmers' Market