[Market-farming] Grower Only Farmers Markets

Shelly shelly at idlethyme.com
Wed Jan 24 12:01:00 EST 2007

There is a second more established market in town that has become
quite a circus. Those of us that work hard to actually grow things in
Wyoming were overrun by resalers. We felt that Cheyenne was ready for
a more niche market. We are not the "big dog" but certainly present
quality and assurance of local freshness. One of the caveats that we
allow is that a local producer is able to bring another local
producers product as long as the majority of what they bring is their
own. This has opened the door for smaller local producers that mya
have jobs during the market as we are a weekday afternoon/evening
market. Hope this helps!
Shelly Montgomery (was Elliott)
Idle Thyme Farm
www.IdleThymeFarms.com