[Market-farming] heirloom suggestions for market farming (ie. cansurvive a short truck trip)

SHEILA PAYNE srp75 at msn.com
Sun Jan 21 13:32:55 EST 2007

I farm at 5000+ feet outside Boulder Colorado.  I get some of my tomato seeds from Golden Harvest Organics because they are selling seeds from what they have successfully grown in nearby Fort Collins. http://www.ghorganics.com/<http://www.ghorganics.com/>

Juane Flammee is small, but very tasty.  Pineapple was another hit, Cherokee purple and Amana Orange, too.  I find that anything that is not red sells well as an heirloom.  My theory is that everyone has Brandywine in their head when they think heirloom and so want another color besides red.