[Market-farming] Mexibell seed

Bill Bradshaw billbradshaw at hughes.net
Fri Jan 19 23:31:02 EST 2007

E&R now has a phone and fax and email !
Phone 866-510-3337
Fax 260-692-6826
email eandrseed at yahoo.com
I have bought some things from them but not much. Bill

  Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 9:50 PM
  Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mexibell seed

  On Jan 19, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Willie McKemie wrote:

    On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:08:00PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:

      Bob thanks for the link. In all my seed search for years, I have never ran
      across this site. Good Find! Willie How many pepper seed you figure per.
      ounce? Most say 4000 oz.

    I was hoping someone was gonna tell me. Since tomatoes are about 10M
    per ounce, I would guess peppers ARE around 4M per ounce.

  Johnny's says 3,400 to 4,900; average 4,000 seed per ounce.

    Anyone else have any semi-obscure seed suppliers?

  I have some of them, depending on the definition of "semi-obscure"; (for instance, Johnny's, Fedco, and High Mowing aren't obscure to Northeast organic growers, but they might be to conventional growers in the South, I don't know. And then there's E&R, nice prices if you don't mind communicating entirely by snail mail.). Are you mostly interested in the larger-scale people, or are you also interested in little guys? Most of the companies I order from start at garden-sized packets and go up from there; some of them go quite a long way up, others have small sizes only. Also, most of mine are northern USA oriented; might not be as much use in Texas.

  Will try to sort out a current list of contact info, some time when I'm more awake, if there's interest.