[Market-farming] Mexibell seed

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Fri Jan 19 22:50:10 EST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 3:04 PM, Willie McKemie wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 01:08:00PM -0600, Bill Bradshaw wrote:
>> Bob thanks for the link. In all my seed search for years, I have
>> never ran
>> across this site. Good Find! Willie How many pepper seed you figure
>> per.
>> ounce? Most say 4000 oz.
>
> I was hoping someone was gonna tell me.  Since tomatoes are about 10M
> per ounce, I would guess peppers ARE around 4M per ounce.

Johnny's says 3,400 to 4,900; average 4,000 seed per ounce.

> Anyone else have any semi-obscure seed suppliers?

I have some of them, depending on the definition of "semi-obscure";
(for instance, Johnny's, Fedco, and High Mowing aren't obscure to
Northeast organic growers, but they might be to conventional growers in
the South, I don't know. And then there's E&R, nice prices if you don't
mind communicating entirely by snail mail.). Are you mostly interested
in the larger-scale people, or are you also interested in little guys?
Most of the companies I order from start at garden-sized packets and go
up from there; some of them go quite a long way up, others have small
sizes only. Also, most of mine are northern USA oriented; might not be
as much use in Texas.

Will try to sort out a current list of contact info, some time when I'm
more awake, if there's interest.