[Market-farming] Interns vs employees

Allan Balliett aballiett at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 16 21:44:23 EST 2007

IN West Virginia, there are no employer cost savings in having an
intern over a worker, unless you are 'blessed' with interns who are
not receiving compensation on some level. We have all the expenses
with interns that we have with local hourly help. Anyone who is not
experienced on a farm can be a drain to productivity. I would like to
have, but cannot find, professional farm workers. Next to that, I'll
take interns. They fulfill my biological drive to teach my sons (and
daughters) how to farm. _Allan