[Market-farming] price for black eyed peas

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sun Jan 14 13:14:56 EST 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 08:34:26PM -0500, Sue Wells wrote:
> How much are you charging for black eyed peas or purple hull peas per pound?
> I am planning on growing purple hull peas this year, another new item for
> people here in Vermont. My okra did not do well last year. I will try again

Last season, I got $4/lb retail and $2.25 wholesale for Cream,
Blackeye, and Purple Hull peas shelled in 1 pound ziplock bags.
Cream and Purple Hull yield around 10lb per bushel and Blackeye up to
14 lb/bu.  $6 or $7 might not be too much for them if they are rare
and/or organic.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  301 days 20 hours 05 minutes