[Market-farming] seed potato sources

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Mon Feb 19 07:36:11 EST 2007

I don't know the route they take, but Minnesota seed potatoes are
commonly available in Texas in February.  I believe the ones I got were
distributed by BWI (greenhouse supply chain).  I notice that Tractor
Supply is selling seed potatoes in 5lb bags @ $5.

BTW, a few days ago, I left un-covered potoato pieces in trenches over
night; the temperature un-expectedly got down to 28 deg.  I went ahead
and covered them with soil the next day; I wonder if the freeze damaged
them?  I guess I will know in a few weeks when they don't come up well.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  337 days 14 hours 23 minutes