[Market-farming] Seed Potatoes

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sat Feb 17 15:15:34 EST 2007

We plant potatoes here about now.  No one has any significant luck with
them in the Fall, so we effectively have only one potato season; they
are dug in May and June.  Last season, I planted in February potatoes
that I had stored since the previous June.  They weren't pretty, but
they grew.  They had been stored during the heat of the Summer and Fall
in a refrigerated walkin; after that, the walkin was turned off.

Comments on successful storage of potatoes solicited.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  335 days 22 hours 06 minutes