[Market-farming] buying live plants??

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Feb 16 10:14:06 EST 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:22:21 -0600, you wrote:

>We need a reliable source of herb seedlings (already potted - small) other than Richter's in Canada (we will use them also but have had bad results with buying live plants from them, perhaps because of customs/border delays).
>
>If located in the Southeast, USA, great, but not required. Some species we need will be relatively rare/tropical (not what you would find at WalMart, hah!)
>
> Any companies come to mind???

Sandy Mush Herb Nursery is in North Carolina.  I do not have personal
experience with them.

http://www.sandymushherbs.com/

I have bought quite a few perennial herbs (over several years) from
Wellsweep Herb Farm, which is in New Jersey.  Their plants have been
absolutely super; very healthy, in decent sized pots and very well packed
indeed.  All their plants have thrived for me.  I would give them a very,
very high recommendation.

http://www.wellsweep.com/

Pat
Blog:  http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com

'Every one of us can do something to protect and
care for our planet. We should live in such a way
that makes a future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh