[Market-farming] buying live plants??

Kate Halstead rockyprairie at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 13:44:14 EST 2007

I've used Germania Seed Company (www.germaniaseed.com) for herb plugs on
several occasions and found their plants to be just fine. I've also had some
mixed results with Richter's; the reason you state seems most likely why.

Instead of coming from just one location, Germania sources from growers all
over the US. Their catalog is a nightmare to figure out initially. Each
grower has their own set of listings, so you may find lemon thyme listed in
8 different locations. There are different minimums, tray sizes, etc. but
the prices are competitive, usually better than Richter's.

Would like to hear of others folks have found.

Kate

  _____