[Market-farming] flower transplants

no one xkarmafarmerx at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 12:56:36 EST 2007

Hello All,
I'm finding the information here to be very useful..
I had a question regarding flower transplants.  This
will be my first year growing cut flowers, and I was
wondering if flowers' days to harvest start from when
they're put in the greenhouse, or when they're set
out.  We're growing Aster, Celosia, Cleome, Kale,
Larkspur, Nigella, Snapdragons, Strawflowers,
Sunflowers (which will be direct seeded once it warms
up) and Zinnias.  I would think that they would work
like vegetables - you grow them in the greenhouse for
a # of weeks, but only subtract 2 weeks or less for
days to harvest.  Is that correct, or do you subtract
all, or more, of the days in the greenhouse?  Thanks
for anyone's insight!
John DiZazzo
Keswick, VA