[Market-farming] Sweet potato plants

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Mon Feb 12 18:41:08 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 4:16 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

> Just found out my expected source of Beauregard sweet potato slips has
> them
> treated. I remember reference to a web site that had lots of standard
> and
> heirloom sweet potato varieties, but can't find it in my bookmarks.
> Also
> can't find my instructions on searching the list archives. So, please,
> can
> some one point to a good sweet potato source for 100 slips?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Beth Spaugh
> Rehoboth Homestead
> Peru NY
> http://rhomestead.com

There is one source that I know of that has organic sweet potato slips,
including some unusual varieties; though quantity is limited, and very
limited on most kinds. They don't list Beauregard. This year's brochure
says they have Georgia Jet, Tainung 65, Frazier White, Carver,
Superior, Regal, and Japanese Yam; only the first two in quantities
over 24 slips each. They're not cheap, but the quality and service are
both good. (Most years I grow my own slips, only renewing the stock
occasionally if production drops off, or in case of disasters; so that
keeps my average cost down).

They're in Canada, but do ship to the USA; though note the special
instructions for US customers.

Mapple Farm
129 Beech Hill Rd
Weldon, NB