[Market-farming] (no subject)

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Mon Feb 12 14:48:51 EST 2007

Our first hoophouse was/is 14 x 20. A friend bent water pipe - I am not sure
how long a pipe but we got 24 foot plastic and had plenty to spare - I
assume 20 foot waterpipe. We put the ends in depressions drilled in a 2 x 4
frame on the ground. Wired lengths of 2x2 across the top for  ridge pole.
Framed in a door with small vent above the door on each end. Still using it,
mostly for storage, since we have a 26 x 96 now too. But, DH has been asked
to build 3 like our old one for friends. Haven't costed it out. Wants to use
Gatorshield pipe. The original waterpipe isn't rated for a heavy snow load.
One winter I stuck a couple upright 2 x 4s in as vertical supports when we
had several inches of snow.

But, it was not expensive and has served us well. I would prefer more
venting on the ends.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY