[Market-farming] Scam targeting organic farmers

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Feb 12 09:34:52 EST 2007

>From another list:

==========================

Subject: [HIGHTUNNELS] Scam targeting CSA/organic Farmers
From: Lucy Goodman <goodows at INFINET.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb. 2007 07:17:59 -0500

I pulled this off of the Local Harvest Forum
(http://www.localharvest.org/forum/). They have not contacted us Boulder
Belt Farmers yet but if they do we will refuse their "services"
Lucy Goodman

There is a nation wide scam targeting CSA farmers! We (and several
farmers we know) received multiple phone calls from people claiming to
be part of a private trust called Debt Free Organic which will give
small farmers up to 2.5 million dollars to pay off debts and use on farm
projects. They ask for a donation "to process your application". They
use a lot of persuasive language- "how open minded are you?" and >"are
you an information gatherer or do you really want help?" etc... When I
tried to get addresses, full names, tax ID etc...they got hostile. It
makes me SICK to think of them taking any small farmer's money!

My apologies if this has been posted here before, I'm way beyond on email
and will need to just delete a bunch of stuff.

Pat
Blog:  http://www.entire-of-itself.blogspot.com

'Every one of us can do something to protect and
care for our planet. We should live in such a way
that makes a future possible.' - Thich Nhat Hanh