[Market-farming] Tillage is tillage

Sharon and Steve shopkins at tdstelme.net
Thu Feb 8 21:16:02 EST 2007

> If you'll try to specify what it is you're disputing, maybe I can respond.
> It  helps to take a definite position and support it. I'm not inclined to
> guess what you're driving at. Try it.
>
> paul tradingpost at lobo.net
I dont think I left you much to guess at, but I will shorten it up:

Show me the numbers where labor is cheaper than machine work.

Show me how many folk a couple with land and hand tools can feed. How is
that translated to salaries (equal to teachers just as a referrence point),
health care, retirement, vacation?

What is there about growing food that you can do with hand tools that
someone else cannot do, x 100 or more, with a decent stock of motorized
equipment?

MAsteveINE