[Market-farming] Row covers

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Wed Feb 7 22:40:53 EST 2007

On Feb 7, 2007, at 10:06 PM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

> I was about to buy Agribon from Johnny's, who seem to have the best
> price
> around on the 83" x 1000 this year. I just got the Berry Hill
> Irrigation
> catalog though and they have another brand, Atmore Industries
> Gro-Guard,
> which is much less expensive. The comparison for their precuts are like
> $5+/yard from other places and $3+/yard from Berry Hill, if I am doing
> my
> arithmetic correctly (always a question).
>
> Does anyone have experience with the Atmore brand?
>
> Beth Spaugh
> Rehoboth Homestead
> Peru NY
> http://rhomestead.com

Never tried Atmore, so no opinion on that. You might also investigate
Rainflo, 717-445-6976; their equivalent weight Covertan is a little
cheaper than Johnny's Agribon; or maybe Belle Terre Irrigaion in Sodus
NY; I think they have row cover; www.dripsupply.com

I got my Agribon from Sauder's near Penn Yan, 315-536-2160, but one
reason that was cheapest for me was because that's within easy driving
range for me to pick up, so I saved the shipping charges. But I think
they do ship and their Agribon price is also a little less than
Johnny's. You might need to check the actual shipping charges from all
the sources, though, to find out which was cheapest for you in
practice.