[Market-farming] walk in cooler

maury sheets maurysheets at verizon.net
Wed Feb 7 18:18:47 EST 2007

John,

The are the shipping containers used for frozen food.  Any big city that has
a port will have companies nearby that are selling the used containers that
are too small for today's needs.  The nitrogen containers are usually
cheaper that the standard shipping container due to demand (more people want
the others for storage and to convert to offices.  They have 4 inch thick
insulation, so add a compressor and you have a freezer or reefer or both.
Find out about them at: http://www.iport.com/insulated_container.html.  I
saw this site on line, but have not dealt with them.

Maury

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.

  _____