[Market-farming] Debt-Free-Organic

road's end farm organic101 at linkny.com
Tue Feb 6 22:14:22 EST 2007

On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:14 PM, sora at coldreams.com wrote:

>> I got contacted this week by by phone by an organization calling
> themselves Debt-Free-Organics. She told me it was a private trust out
> of
> Salt Lake  whose purpose was to financially aid organic farmers in
> debt.
> She said she got my contact info through the Robyn Van En Center.  We
> talked a bit and she sent me an application by email.  I did a google
> search on the organization and didn't come up with anything at all.
> It
> seems they are asking for a "processing donation"  which usually raises
> flags for me.  In any case, have any of you heard of them or have any
> info on their legitimacy?
>                                      many thanks  Sora

I have never heard of them, but am highly suspicious of the "processing
donation". I wouldn't send it. I would also be really careful about
sending them any information (such as, are they asking for your bank
account numbers? your social security number?)

You might also get ahold of the Robyn Van En center, which might not
appreciate having their name used in this fashion.

If they actually turn out to be legitimate, though, please let the rest
of us know!   : )