[Market-farming] walk in cooler

maury sheets maurysheets at verizon.net
Tue Feb 6 21:30:16 EST 2007

Karen,

I have a 20 foot nitrogen shipping container I use for a cooler.  They don't
come any cheaper or more insulated.  I added a compressor and a bulkhead and
used the back half as a freezer and the front half as a cooler (a fan in the
bulkhead thermostatically controlled for cooling the front).  The electric
bill is minimal.  I wouldn't be without it.

Maury Sheets

Woodland Produce- Fairton, New Jersey

Hydroponically producing sustainable salad greens in the Northeast.

  _____