[Market-farming] A-Frame Trellis

Richard Stewart rstewart at zoomtown.com
Mon Dec 17 17:22:10 EST 2007

I was discussing a trellis system that I farmer I know in New England
used.  It was an A-frame style set up.

I've done a couple Google searches from time to time and have not
really found anything that matches what he described to me.  I was
wondering if anyone else has heard of these.  I own a sawmill so wood
is free so this would be a great option.

 From the description it was simply a 2x4 A frame with 12' to 16'
reinforced 2x4 top members that ran from frame to frame.  One on the
top of the "A' and one resting across the cross member of the "A".

Make sense?

I think you could use this in a number of ways, but was curious if
anyone else out there used something similar and their experiences.

Cheers!

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio