[Market-farming] Harvesting equipment

Susan Houghton susangivingtree at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 17 08:47:08 EST 2007

We have been a smallmarket "garden", with 21 acres of ground, 7 of it in a variety of veggies, and 8 high tunnels.  We have lots of growing experience, and lots of marketing experience.
    Now we would like to do some larger quantities of some veggies and sell them to a wholesaler, this is a huge leap for us.   The obvious (to me) first problem is how to harvest a quantity of anything.  Is there a place to find harvesting equipment for a small farm?
We are interested in a two row green bean harvester....and maybe a two row corn harvester.

Susan Houghton
Lansing MI