[Market-farming] Heat Mat

tonitime at juno.com tonitime at juno.com
Thu Dec 13 09:01:26 EST 2007

 Hi Pat,
    It all depends on how far below the flat(s) the fixture is........i
did try out the fridge-type bulb, and it didn't produce enough heat for
the depth of my device. I settled on a 60W for that particular setup -
which was in the bottom/side of a styrofoam ice chest. Atop the heat box,
i used an  oven grate, to set the flat(s) on.  This works quite well -
one of three setups we use. The bulb is turned on, full time, until the
flats are moved under the lights at germination.
Toni - counting down to the end of January when the first alliums are
started!