[Market-farming] Greenhouse collapse and insurance

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Sun Dec 2 09:32:45 EST 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 08:16:34 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm sure I'll find out my answer on Monday when the company opens.  But has
>anyone else had their greenhouse collapse by the weight of snow and was it
>covered by home-owner's?

I'm sorry your greenhouse collapsed.

What an interesting thought (about the insurance).  We have a hoophouse,
10' x 24'.  We grow vegetables for our own use; we don't sell any.  So
we're not a business or a farm.

But still, I bet there's some way for them to get out of covering it....

Our agent, who is honest, when asked what the homeowner's DOES cover told
us that if a herd of elephants stomped our house flat, it would be covered,
and that's about all that would be.  (Fire and wind damage are covered too,
however.)

Please let us know the answer, and which company you use.

Pat
-- Northern Pennsylvania

Good planets are hard to find; let's take care of
the one we have.