[Market-farming] Sweet Peppers Turning to Slime

SHEILA PAYNE srp75 at msn.com
Thu Aug 30 10:38:12 EDT 2007

I'm in Colorado.  I have some lovely pepper plants with lovely immature peppers on them.  Two varieties-- red and orange bells.  The peppers lower on the plant that are getting red and orange are a disgusting brownish, slimy mess.  The stem is strong and still attached to the plant, so when I try to pull them off -- ugh, a handful of mush slides off the stem/seeds into my hand.  No indication of disease on the plants or immature fruits.

Any ideas? Sheila