[Market-farming] Cut Flower? Rudbeckia Triloba/Branched Coneflower

SHEILA PAYNE srp75 at msn.com
Tue Aug 21 19:56:05 EDT 2007

Any experience on this as a cut flower?  I took some to market last weekend.  They looked great until late on a hot afternoon -- their little heads started to wilt over.  I thought it was just the heat outside.  I put one in water in the house and got the same effect after two days in the vase.  Many websites say it is a good cut flower.

Any experience with this or are there any tricks for this one?

Thanks,
Sheila