[Market-farming] tornado/winds

Beth Spaugh lists at rhomestead.com
Fri Aug 17 21:58:36 EDT 2007

It was interesting. We saw dark clouds coming. Didn't hear a warning. We are
on the east side of a 2-story building, which provides some protection, and
tie our EZUps to the posts of the covered walk. So the back was secure. Two
of us were hanging onto the front corners and levitating for a few moments.
One tray of tomatoes went flying (thank goodness for chickens - I can just
call it chicken food). The real damage was 5 miles north of our market area.
Had about an hour and a half of no customers. Then the sun came back out and
the customers came back.

Thanks for asking. Glad you were spared.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead
Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com <http://rhomestead.com/>