[Market-farming] Sales

Wiediger, Alison alison.wiediger at hart.kyschools.us
Fri Aug 17 08:00:21 EDT 2007

We find that when school starts - the first or second week in August here. depending on the system  - sales drop dramatically and never recover.  We think it's because there are so many more Saturday activities, so there isn't time for Farmers' Market visits, but don't really know.  After many years of watching it happen, we  do adjust our planting to match our expected lower sales.

Alison Wiediger, Network Admin
Hart County Schools