[Market-farming] NYTimes.com: Food That Travels Well

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Wed Aug 8 17:09:56 EDT 2007

Supermarkets are a perfect example of do as we say not as we do. Anyone who has ever shipped produce to a supermarket chain will tell you they have the highest quality standards in the world. Most all the produce you buy at your local farmers market would not be good enough for the supermarket buyers. So what happens when quality produce gets into the supermarket warehouse??? I haven't a clue. It comes out into the display floor totally trashed.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.