[Market-farming] Cut flower planting schedule

Shawnee Flowerfarmer farmingflowers at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:53:07 EDT 2007

Andy,   I can help you with some ideas....but first, your growing zone, space etc? Also storage/cooling facilities?

Shawnee, zone 5 mostly

This year I took a break from growing vegetables and started the year by growing bedding plants and herbs. After July 15 the market dropped off. I am now selling cut flowers that came from the unsold bedding plants.
After reading Lynn Byczynski the Flower Farmer and the Arnosky’s We’re Gonna Be Rich, I know I need a schedule for planting cut flowers. Can anyone help me with a planting and transplanting schedule for this type of business.

Andy King
Sunflower King's Farm