[Market-farming] Sad News and Goodbye (for now)

Joyce Paski elderberrywine4u at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 01:39:35 EDT 2007

Shelly, you're battle with "The Powers That Be" when you were first getting going and recounted in Growing for Market was truly inspirational for me.  I'm so sorry to hear of your injury and wish you the very best.  I understand about the list -- it's like going window shopping when you're broke: too painful.  Don't discount the use of homeopathic remedies in your treatment.  Consider checking out www.1-800homeopathy.com.  I have purchased from them and they are excellent. I have found homeopathy extremely effective, the remedies reasonably priced, and I have treated my family homeopathically since 1991.

  Joyce Paski
  Swamp Creek Farm

Shelly <shelly at idlethyme.com> wrote:
  It is with great sadness that I write to withdraw my name from this
list for a time. Through the last five years this group has been a
source of unequaled support and a wealth of information. Due to a car
accident last July, I will be unable to farm this year. I sustained
damage to two cervical vertebrae in my neck and so far they have not
found anything that works to improve the pain. For at least this
year, the greenhouse and high tunnel will sit empty and the fields
will be planted to cover crops. It is heartbreaking to watch
something that I have worked so hard for not grow and thrive this
season. There have been many successes over the last few years and
the fruits of that labor will continue to produce. The concept of CSA
is no longer foreign in Wyoming, The Wyoming Fresh Market, Cheyenne's
growers only farmers market is entering its 3rd season and expecting
its best year ever, and Wyoming finally has a Farmers Marketing
Association and I was proud to serve as the founding president of
that board. The associations and friendships that I have made through
this list will never die. For I time I will devote my energy to
school and my children and hope that it will not be too long before I
am starting seeds, planting, and harvesting again soon. A thousand
thanks to all of you and many blessings in your worthy endeavors.

Shelly Montgomery (was Elliott)
Idle Thyme Farm
Carpenter, WY