[Market-farming] Epson Salts for Crops

JAY GJERSETH jgj417 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 13:13:47 EDT 2007

I live in IL just south of the Wisconsin state line and my Gramps used to refer to the stateline as the cheese curtain.I guess it was sort of a play on the iron curtain of those days.

Brigette Leach <avalonfarmshomegrown at earthlink.net> wrote:   Hi, Jay.

Can't help you with the Epsom Salt questions, but I have never heard "the cheese curtain area" before. Care to explain to those of us unfamiliar with it?

Thanks,
Brigette
Avalon Farms Homegrown
Share of the Farm]
www.avalonfarmshomegrown.com

JAY GJERSETH wrote:   Hi,I'm Jay in the cheese curtain area of IL.I've enjoyed reading all of your postings for about the past year and thank you as I have learned much! How much epsom salt do you recommend per plant.

Robert Schuler <sunnfarm at verizon.net> wrote:   Epsom salt comes in 50 pound bags. You can get it from any ag fertilizer dealer or greenhouse supply. It sells for $10-15 a bag. How do you plan to apply it?... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Any of you using Epson Salts for your soil? Thought I might try it if I can
get it at a good price.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b