[Market-farming] Epson Salts for Crops

Robert Schuler sunnfarm at verizon.net
Thu Apr 26 10:18:12 EDT 2007

On my vegetable ground I broadcast 2000 pounds per acre of dolomitic limestone. though analysis will vary, dolomite contains anywhere from 10-30% mag. Mine contained 11% so that gives me 220 pounds of magnesium per acre or the equivalent of forty two 50 pound bags of Epsom salt for a lot less money. I use Epsom salt as a foliar spray to give my tomatoes a boost at 4 pounds in 100 gallons of water along with a pound of boron...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

I plan to broadcast it like granular fertilizer.  The Epson Salt Council
http://www.epsomsaltcouncil.org/garden_usage_tips.htm recommends 1 cup per
100 square feet.  An acre has 48,560 square feet.  I'd guess that would be a
couple of 50 lb. bags per acre.

TxBeeFarmer
West Texas Zone 7b